It’s quite amazing how you could eventually realize that your phone can be far more than what it shows to you. Those applications and possibilities presented to you upon purchase are just 25% of what your phone could possibly be. Therefore, in order to know the perks that your Note 5 Verizon can provide when rooted, here are the steps to root Note 5:
Disclaimer: This article will not be liable from any damage to your phone. It is highly recommended that you follow each step carefully. Your phone is at risk from being bricked so you better be focused yet cool.
- Download first the following prerequisites:
Once you have installed the files from the links above, you may now grab your phone and do the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap ‘About Phone’
- Choose ‘Build Number’ and tap it for about 7-10 times.
- Once you go back to the Settings screen, ‘Developer Options’ will then appear.
- Turn on USB Debugging then enable OEM unlock.
- Turn your phone off and enter to Download mode by simultaneously pressing and holding the Power, Home, and Volume down buttons for at least 5 seconds or once it appeared that your phone is already on download mode
- You will see a warning message sign. Don’t worry because you are at the right pace. Proceed by pressing the Volume Up button.
- Connect your phone to a laptop or PC through a USB cable.
- In your PC or laptop, open the installed Odin. Once successful, it will prompt you a message saying ‘Added’ if not, you need to repeat the above given steps.
- Once ‘Added’ was seen, choose the PDA/PA button then select the unikernel file you installed. Select auto reboot.
- In Odin, press ‘Start’ and wait for the completion of the loading task.
- Your phone will automatically enter the Recovery Mode and will prompt you a permission to be a Super user. Reboot your note 5.
- If successful, you would see a Super User option on your applications screen
- To check for verification, install a root checker from the Google Playstore.
Congratulations and enjoy!