People always want to be secured and protected in any aspects of their life- from social to financial, from physical to emotional. Because sometimes, the millenials have been regarding phones as a commodity, as much as you want yourself to become protected, you also wanted your precious phone to be come secured and protected too.
What is Knox?
Knox is a feature in Samsung that provides optimum security to your phone. Without it, your phone might have probably damaged already by various malwares and harmful apps.
Things you need to do first:
- Identify your Model number by going to Settings and tapping ‘About Phone.’
- Once you have finally identified it, you may now go to http://autoroot.chainfire.su./. Download and install the root file that is compatible with your model number.
- Look for the latest stock firmware of your Model Number at the Immobile website.
- Download and install the tool at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2446269.
Let the rooting magic begin! Here are all the steps that you need to take in order to root Galaxy Note 5:
- Open the installed root file.
- Run Odin.
- Select the PDA button then choose CF-Auto-Root-(Your Model Number).tar
- Enter to download mode by pressing and holding simultaneously the Power + Home+ Volume down buttons for at least 7 seconds.
- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Select Start in Odin. Wait patiently as the red android logo disappears then pull the battery. Don’t wait for a normal booting!
- Revert back to download mode.
How to revert back to your original status?
- Extract the files that you installed from Sammobiles.
- Open the firmware file with .tar.md5 format.
- Extract the following: boot.img and recovery.img.
- Extract tar-Tool_Odin3-v3.07_by_mkh.mourad.zip
- Place the recovery file to the extracted file.
- Select ImgToTar.MD5 in the folder. A file named as recovery.tar should appear on the same folder.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to have boot.img and get boot.tar.
- Put your phone to download mode and and connect it to your computer.
- Run Odin.
- Select PDA and choose recovery.tar.
- Press Start.
- Eject the battery immediately once it rebooted.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11for boot.tar.
- Reboot normally.
There you have already rooted your note 5 without removing the official status of your phone. Be safe and sound yet at the same time become an awesome user!